Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Grandmother Ghost at Kenepuru Hospital

This is a reacurring dream which I started having after my Great Grandmother died in 1995. I dreamed it almost in slow motion. I've not dreamed about it since I was about 10.

In this dream, my great grandmother was actually my grandmother and I was about 7. My dad took me to visit her at Kenepuru Hospital, where she was in a bed in the room at the end of a long corridor. We were actually going there because she had died - we were going to visit her body. My dad took me to the room then left, I think he was going to the bathroom, I'm not sure, but for whatever reason, he left.

Her bed was in the centre of the room with the bed head against the wall that ran perpendicular to the corridor. I snuck across the room nearer to her bed, when she turned her head and looked at me. I quickly backed up a few steps. I realised that she hadn't actually physically turned her head, but her ghost, lying within her, had. Then, her ghost rose, sitting up on the bed, my grandmothers waist being used as a pivot for two torso's. The ghost climbed off the bed standing on the side opposite me. Picking up a broomstick (a flying one, one like that of a witch, although my grandmother's ghost didn't use it to fly), the ghost rushed around the bed. I turned and ran down the corridor in terror, calling for my dad (who was nowhere to be seen), with the ghost coming after me.

The ward was empty, there were no nurses, doctors or patients in sight.

At the other end of the corridor was a door that led to the outside. Pushing the swinging double doors open, I ran outside, tears down my face, with the ghost still after me. The ghost followed me across the hospital's lawn and down a grass bank by the side of the hospital....

....and that's where the dream always ended....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home