Thursday, January 12, 2006

The FBI Escapade to Australia in Pursuit of The Drug Dealer E.G

This one I had just in the last week, sorry about the length, but dreams will be dreams.

Here's the deal, I'm at the Wellington train station with R.F[18/f], an acquaintance from college, "Just don't say anything," is what she tells me as I'm summoned across the station to the platforms by two poilce officers and two FBI agents. One of the police officers asks me a question of whether I could confirm that E.G[18/f] (another acquaintance from college and best friend of E.G) was a fugitive who had left the country illegaly to avoid charges of drug dealing. I said nothing. The two FBI agents subsequently walked about 10m away, to give me a minute to think it over. The police officer who didn't ask me the question quietly spoke under his breath, motioning his eyes towards me, "Just say yes."

The FBI agents returned and repeated the question. Thinking democratically, I replied, "What if I said yes?" The agents considered this as an affirmative reply and so E.G (who had fled to Australia) was now to be pursued. With my statement the FBI had permission to pursue E.G in another country and I was their 'key witness.'

So plans were underway for an 8.30pm flight (it was about 7.30pm at the time) from the airport that was situated on top of the station outside (where the bus depot is, kinda). I told the agents that I wanted to go with them and that if they wouldn't let me then I would withdraw my statement and so they wouldn't have the authority to pursue E.G in Australia. Seemingly disgruntled, but also stuck in a corner, they agreed that I travel with them.

Time had passed quickly as the agents in the travellers lounge packed semi-automatics of allsorts into black briefcases, it was now 8.20pm. We were to be catching a commercial flight, only 10 minutes away from depature, now a debacle started up because I didn't have my passport on me, the plane was scheduled to take-off, but I was still threatening to withdraw my statement if the agents left without me. Even more disgruntled now, the agents began to formulate ways of delaying our flight without causing suspicion to the other passengers. As such, a bus, full of passengers set to take them from the traveller's lounge out to the tarmac to meet our plane, was parked infront of the lobby door that led to the tarmac and blocked the exit for traveller's on foot. 8.25pm, time passing faster.

Meanwhile, my mum is at Kenepuru Hospital, with my dad, having stitches removed from her leg which she had injured the day before on a wire fence [my mum actually had hurt her leg on a wire fence, which she had to have treated at Kenepuru A&E, but she didn't have stitches]. Her cellphone rang, I was calling her from the airport. "Yes?" she asked. I spoke in a very casual everyday tone, "Mum, it's Tracey, I'm in town at the airport, I'm supposed to be getting an 8.30 flight, can you please bring me my passport? And my shotgun, I think it's in my bedroom." "Well we're just at the hospital, I'm having my stitches out. We'll be there shortly."

8.30pm: Arguing with the agents (them insisting that they are going to leave without me vs me threatening to withdraw my statement), they still have the bus delaying the flight; my mum has arrived below in the train station and I walk down to meet her. Mum hands me my passport and shotgun with a big smile on her face and asks me where I'm going. I tell her that the FBI want to take me with them to Australia. Gleefully and oblivious to the actual situation, she congratualates me, 'well done' she says along with a few other words. She says they want to take me as a reward for being the good citizen that I am. In my head I can't help but think of how bizzare it would be if 'that' was happening.

With my passport and shotgun in hand, I thank my mum and quickly return to the traveller's depature lounge and go through the security barriers with the agents, loading our weaponry into the luggage holds of the passenger bus. The agents tell the bus driver that he can now take us to the plane.

The bus travels across the tarmac towards our plane and I look back at the large expanse of glass windows which is the Wellington airport, as I rapidly drift out of my REM and slip into the darkness which is otherwise known as the dreamless stage of sleep.

It's late now, 1.50am, I'm going to bed.

Btw, I don't think we ever found her...

2 Comments:

At Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u have sum of the most ramdon
dreams trace.
Morf.
And i thought mibne were fubar

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 5:40:00 AM, Blogger TMonkey said...

Well what can I say? I'm a random person... lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home