Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Flight of Billy Through the Jungle

Another dream I had in the last week, it was one of those ones that kinda jumps between locations, but I'll try and piece together so that it's comprehendible.

The Scene: So it's like autumn or something and a group of 3 or 4 friends and myself have ridden over the Rimutaka Hill on mountain bikes with large overloaded tramping packs on our backs. Upon reaching Greytown, a shuttle van had picked us up and driven us down a gravel drive in a dry field that led to a sort of cul-de-sac type dead-end with a picnic table.

The Dream: Upon arriving here we got off our bikes (even though we arrived in the van), the van left and we took our packs off our backs. J.P[21/m] and someone else, I think it was M.C[17/f], perched themselves on the picnic table. Meanwhile, L.H[18/f], I think, and myself crept out into the hay. The hay was probably about 70cm long, there was a little old kinda falling apart cottage that L.H and I had to get to without being seen by a little girl that was 'frolicking' in the nearby field. She would've been about 7. If she spotted us, she would have run to the cottage and called her mother, who would have come out onto the front porch and yelled at us like an evil witch. However, if we were to make it to the cottage without being seen by the little girl, her mother would greet us at the door, been kind and would welcome us warmly. Both of these scenario's played over in my dream, I'm not sure though as to what there relevance was because...

The next minute I found myself in a bedroom which was like a cabin. It was one of the units at the TATC in Masterton, a place where I did a farming course last year. There I was in this room with 3 guys who were fulltime students, D.K, S.B and some unidentifiable other [all 16 or 17/m]. On one of the walls was a closet. It was night time now and we heard footsteps coming towards the building, for whatever reason, the three guys in the room all had to hide, so they rushed into the closet, I shut the door behind them. There was no one outside. Then it dawned on me that my closet was now locked and I had no way of opening the door. The 3 guys were calling to me from inside the closet and banging on the door. Yelling back abd yanking on the door in desperation, the door suddenly came free and swung open, but what was infront of me was not what I had been anticipating.

Infront of me was a six and a half foot male staring at me down the barrel of his shotgun, his name was Billy [a person I imagined, I don't actually know any Billy's]. I screamed, turned and ran out the door infront of me, sprinting across the concrete expanse infront of me, across a dry, grassy field and towards a dirt track which led into a large forest. Behind me, Billy was on a killing spree, having chased me out of the room, he was now shooting at the 20 or so other students who had run out of the rooms to flee [hehe, spree rhymes with flee]. People, friends, were lying dead and scattered behind me, blood sprawled across the ground. A couple of metres behind me, another guy, I'm not sure who, was running with me, away from Billy. Looking back, Billy was a 100m or so behind, but now heading our way. We ran along the dirt track and into the forest, time suddenly passed rapidly and we emerged out the other side of the forest. The guy that was with me looked back at the forest and said to me, "Don't worry, that's just the grazing paddock." [Don't ask how a forest is a grazing paddock, I have no clue myself].

Looking infront of us, all around and above us was like a thin jungle, random vines were randomly spread around the place and hanging down. On the right hand side of us, the land had a sudden drop off where it was like a big cliff face. Coming out from the side of the cliff below was a river [how it flows through dirt? I don't know]. About 20m infront of us was Billy, it seemed normally that he had somehow got ahead of us. He was sitting on the ground with his feet dangling off the cliff, he hadn't noticed us. To ensure that he wouldn't notice us, the guy I was with had a genius brainwave! We had with us a bowl of peas... so our plan was formulated. To keep our presence hidden we would drop the peas from the top of the cliff down into the river! The plan couldn't be flawed! [??? Go figure...]

To our dismay, Billy turned and saw us! But we were not to be caught. Lo and behold my imagination was a step aheadof us as usual and had formulated an actual full-proof plan. Hanging amongst the jungle vines was numerous fluorescent lava-like jelly vines [here I go again with fluorescent lava...]. Escaping from Billy was easy, we just grabbed a fluorescent jelly vine and tugged it, then the vine sprang upwards and up we went with it. Then there was a change of scene...

We were back in the forest, there was a small rectangular shaped clearing that we were standing in. This scenario seemed sureal, set out almost like a computer game. Billy stood at the back of the clearing observing myself and the person I was with. I stood facing forward with my back to Billy, in the middle of the clearing. To my right, at about elbow height, was a circular metal like vault with a blue beam, but the beam didn't shine past the edge of the metal. To my left, was an identical 'vault-like thing,' but this one was orange. They were like Luke Skywalker's sword thing just irking to shine out of their tubes, their light beams were sort of throbbing, wanting to shine out in the open space. Behind my left shoulder was the guy who was with me, he was explaining to me what I had to do to "end it all," like the climax of a computer game.

Hanging down infront of me was an orange jelly vine. To 'end it' I had to grasp the vine simulataneously with both hand and then in that instant the orange and blue beams would shine out towards each other, with me in the centre, and when they then simultaneously struck the orange jelly vine with their light, the vine would spring upward taking me with it. And so it was so.

As this ended, I returned to my being in Greytown, we were in Carterton [geez dreams are confusing...who'd have 'em?]. The day before my friends and I were to leave on our bikes back to Wellington, the shuttle van company at an outdoors shop offered to give us a ride as far as Greytown. So the following morning, L.H and I farewelled our two other friends and rode our bikes with our packs on our backs down to the where the vans were meeting us (out other two friends were already in Featherston, go figure...again...), the vans actually then took us all the way to the base of the Rimutaka Hill.

We rode home.

The End.

Again, questions about the length? Sorry, but dreams will be dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home