Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The One Armed Monkey

So, I had a dream, it's not that Í've stopped dreaming, rather that my dreams are longer and more detailed than ever and SUCH a mish, I could write a novel about each one alone... But here's one I had just the other day which is not too long and that I will share with you.

It was sunny, middle of the afternoon, sometime in the summer, and driving out to Plimmerton Beach. N.T[m/18] was driving a carload of us out for a swim, while in the car, B.T[m/18] and I decide we're going to have a race from the car to the water, first to go completely under, wins. So N.T pulls up, we jump out, put our towels in the boot, and set of in sprint - there's two routes, the one I take and the one B.T takes.

At Plimmerton Beach there's a series of carparks, at the end of each carpark there's concrete steps down onto the beach (These steps are sideways, so if you're going down them, the ocean is on your right or left depending which side you take, not infront of you). So my route is to hang a left and run down the steps, and B.T decides to just jump from the top down onto the beach, his foot hits the concrete curbing bit thingee and he falls onto the sand, but since going down the steps was a longer route, we're at about the same place.

Up gets B.T and runs off taking the lead cos he's got much longer legs, but then I hit my stride and bolt it past him running into the water, run about three meters in, then dive, head first, arms out infront of me.

BIG MISTAKE

There's a shark, it rips of my right arm, there's blood spewing everyone, B.T's just like 'wtf?' and kinda stands there, i sprint up the beach, ripping the cord out of my bikini tieing it as tight as I can around where the bicep is to cut off my circulation (quick thinking I thought!), get up to the carpark and sit down, getting pissed off at myself cos I couldn't tie this damn thing, then N.T gives me a hand...

Then, later the next week, back at uni, in the café, playing pool...

I have a stub, in replace of my right arm, it's all bandaged up, I think it looks kinda cute :-s NEWAY.... So we're playing pool, I'm trying to play left handed, with one hand, using my 'stub' to support and aim the cue, IT WAS SO DAMN FRUSTRATING! And then I started crying... and got really upset... and couldn't hack it... can't imagine living without one of my arms, especially being a musician...

So, there's a moral to this story, well kinda. I guess just don't take your extremeties for granted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home